Location of Flora Honey Collection in India
The process of collecting flora honey in India may vary slightly depending on the region, but here are some general steps that are commonly followed:
- Identify the flowering season: Flora honey is collected from the nectar of flowers. So, it is important to know the flowering season of the plants from which you want to collect the honey.
- Choose a suitable location: Look for an area where the flowering plants are abundant and free from pesticides or other chemicals that may harm the bees or affect the quality of the honey.
- Set up beehives: You can set up beehives in the selected location. You can either buy ready-made beehives or make them yourself. Place the beehives in a shaded area, and make sure they are well ventilated.
- Attract bees: Bees are attracted to flowers. You can place some flowering plants near the beehives to attract bees. You can also use sugar syrup or honey solution to lure them.
- Wait for the bees to collect nectar: The bees will collect nectar from the flowers and store it in their honeycomb. The nectar is mixed with enzymes in the bees’ stomachs to create honey.
- Collect the honey: Once the bees have filled the honeycomb with honey, you can collect it by using a honey extractor. You can also remove the honeycomb from the beehive and extract the honey manually.
- Filter and store the honey: Filter the honey to remove any impurities and store it in a clean and dry container.
State wise Honey Farms Locations / Source of Honey
Green Bullet Indicate – Flora Collection
Brown colour indicate – States of India